Tuesday, May 13, 2008

How can blogging be helpful in the library?

Beats me. This is the first experience I've had with blogging. As far as communicating with staff, we use Email or notes in mail boxes. In communicating with the public, I am at a loss since not much was explained in the lesson about blogging, I don't know how you access different peoples blogs, how do you know what topics they "blogged" on, nor do I know how to access the blogs written for the "23 Things lessons."I need help. Anyone have any information? I seem to missing the point of this. So my question is, how would I know how it can be helpful in a library setting since the lesson on blogging is not complete?
I suppose that a blog site could be set up so that patrons of the library can review books so that other patrons may read the blogs and add their thoughts. People may want to read the blogs to see what is good to read and once reading the books, they also can ad their thoughts to the blog. This is kind of an interactive process which would encourage people to read what everyone is blogging about.
I feel that going between the steps of the lesson and Blogger.com is confusing. In Blogger.com there is too much information to choose from to get questions answered. This is difficult for a beginner to sort through. I'm hoping that the rest of the lessons will get more into this blogging thing so I can get some of my questions answered. Perhaps I am jumping ahead too much and the answers will come?
When I wrote my first blog, I was just following the steps in Blogspot.com so I explained some of my feelings on all the current technology. I was referring to technology meant simply for entertainment.
When I went back to the lesson, I found out I was supposed to comment on the first lesson of 23 things. This is what I meant that it is confusing going between the two. I addressed the 23 things in my second blog. Signing out. Miz Vortex.

No comments: